Social conflicts and political upheavals, environmental catastrophes and natural disasters, human rights violation and terrorism have proven that the era of globalization does not only mean prosperity and wealth.
Given that it is youth that falls into the risky zone being at the same time the most active community, the International Youth Forum Seliger 2012 is to become a mechanism for uniting young people from all over the world regardless of their social status, ethnic background, political views and religion.
The main goal of the Forum is to build international youth community based on the principles of peaceful coexistence, personal and democratic liberties promotion and cultural diversity recognition.
In order to achieve this goal the organizers have set a number of objectives, including:
- empower international youth and enable them to have greater say in globalizing world;
- encourage young people to find solutions to global challenges: poverty, social conflicts, environment deterioration;
- foster youth cooperation worldwide in social, political and economic life both at national and international level;
- give the participants real opportunities to put their leadership skills into practice;
- provide help in team building and fundraising;
- show the main trends and tendencies of the global business, science, culture, mass media, NGOs communities;
- acquaint with highly qualified specialists ready to transform the idea into a working project.
We stay committed to the idea of forming an active social position among international youth. Thus putting into practice the objectives above will help strengthening youth social consciousness as well as reach the main goal of the Forum.
Who we need: 1000 young leaders of different background, student/graduates from the universities worldwide as well as professionals highly motivated to make changes on the global scale (NOTE: age restrictions apply: 18 – 30 years). Social and/or political experience is required (e.g. NPO foundation/management; social projects activities; student union/local authority experience). The participants we seek are young talented and creative individuals full of new ideas and ready to contribute to the benefit of the international community.
What we offer: Youth Forum Seliger 2012 is an international and intercultural platform that features such opportunities as:
- Unique educational program;
- Customized schedule: you can put together your own study plan picking from a vast range of lectures and workshops;
- Opportunities to present your own project or idea;
- Assistance and advice from experts to make your idea become reality;
- Opportunity to promote your project and attract investors;
- A chance to find like-minded leaders among the participants from all over the world and create your dream team
- Comprehensive support for those who want to launch their projects in Russia;
- Networking and communication with Russian business, politics, science and culture leaders;
- Exposure to Russian cultural and natural heritage;
- Chance to learn the basics of the Russian language, get a scholarship to learn the language in Russia or apply to masters program at one of the Russian Universities;
Discovering more about different cultures and different backgrounds.